Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gini Lu turned three!

*We unexpectedly drove to Texas two weeks ago for Joseph's father's heart surgery. We are so thankful that his triple bypass went so smoothly! I don't like to blog about being away from home until we get back. Silly, I know. Hence the delay for posting about Gini Lu's and Ian's birthdays. But, Frank we're so glad you are doing so well!


Gini Lu is three! Still not potty trained, but we did see her doctor about the pooping issue and her body is wonderfully and perfectly made. So no snags, just a fear of pooping. I'm hoping she will be potty trained by Christmas!

So here is our family of five on Gini Lu's birthday- July 1, 2005. I felt huge, and now I see why!

This is where I tell Joseph to, "Turn that thing off!" The smile? It's fake!


Here she is: 9 lbs. 8 ozs. and 21 inches long. She was such a great baby! Tonight she's been sick. Little stomach bug, but I'm sure she'll be better in no time.

Brothers Bobby and Ian: Please notice that she arrived backhanding her brother!



Virginia Luanne's name is from both our mother's names, but we call her Gini Lu for short.

Virginia- Suzanne's Mom


And Luanne- Joseph's Mom

Happy Birthday Darling!

Here is the perfect picture of Gini Lu and her fun loving self. Being the third child, she is a bit of a ham. She like to tease, loves to be teased and especially loves it when we hide around a corner and scare her. She'll say, "Again! Scare me s'more!"

Like a typically child she loves to torture her brothers. She calls Ian, "Iam." She likes to just pick and poke at them (often literally) until they crack. But she loves them dearly. She'll often announce to family members, "I lub you."

When Gini Lu hugs us it is often followed by her putting both her hand on our face beginning at our temples and sliding them down to our cheeks. Then, while still holding our faces she'll say, "kisses" and promptly kiss us right on the smacker.

She has some of the funniest one liners, but they are much to embarrassing for me to share in such a public forum. Here's one of my favorites:

Mom, Bobby and Gini Lu were working on learning Genesis 1:1. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

Bobby says it perfectly and then Mom works having Gini Lu repeat the verse,

“In the”

“In the”

“beginning”

“beginning”

“God created”

“God created”

“the heavens”

“princess”

So, Miss Gini Lu must think God created Princesses then Heaven and Earth.


No comments: