Saturday, June 28, 2008

Misc stuff...

Sorry I've been slow to upload anything to our blog. Ian and Bobby had summer school the entire month of June. Although I thought them being at school would give me more "free time" it was quite the opposite effect.

They had a great time. Thankful that Bobby had some help prepping for Kindergarten and Ian with staying up with reading and writing.

Here's some of what we've been doing on the weekend.

Ian is a bit daring. Joseph taught him how to do a front flip into the pool. He's big stuff now!




Bobby is learning how to do a flip too. This is how Joseph helped Ian learn. Bobby still can't touch the bottom or swim, so he's got a disadvantage. Plus, he sinks like a rock just like his daddy!




Gini Lu turns three on Tuesday! She and I made some cupcakes in flat-bottomed ice cream cones. It was a lovely flop! Just when I get a little overconfident in my baking abilities I am humbled by this! These are pink. That's what Gini Lu chose. She didn't care that is was strawberry. Heck, if the only pink cake was broccoli flavored she would have gone with that! I think strawberry cake mix is the nastiest thing on planet earth. So compounding the issue of nasty cake with nasty looking cake didn't help too much.




We took these to our friends' home from college- Ed and Mary Dunn- to celebrate her birthday. They are precious to us. They live about 2 hours south of us and we had a family day with them and Mary's brother Sam (also a college buddy) and his kids. Sam pointed out that we had every age represented from one to 9 and there were 10 kids present. We roasted hot dogs then marshmallows outside in the 78 degree weather! The guys shot guns and Mary and I got to visit. The kids played in the tree house, played with the kittens and swam. Yes. They wanted to swim so badly even though it never even hit the 80 degree mark. Silly kids!

2 comments:

Andrea Scott said...

Wow, looks like you guys are having a fun summmer! I agree with Gini Lu, it did look like a terrible mess! :) But you get extra credit for trying something new!

Kelli said...

What a fun way for the boys to learn a flip. Lee will have to try that trick with Sloan, though I'm not sure he's brave enough for that. I stopped by your house tonight to return the Guitar Hero but alas, you were not there. The kids and I leave tomorrow so I am leaving it with Lee along with Gini Lu's flip flops and Sloan's thank you letter to the kids for his birthday present. If you have a chance to stop by and pick it up one evening that would be great - or call Lee and he'll bring it to you - whatever! Have a good fourth of July!