
On July 10th Ian turned 7 years old. I'm sure every year I'll be astonished that I have a child as old as he is. I'll still be saying, "Is that possible?!" when he is 40!
Ian was a Fat! Fat! baby! He weighed 10 lbs. 5 ozs. when he was born which has caused me to forget his length. Being that big isn't just hard on the momma, it's hard on the baby too. He had very low blood sugar and was kept in the hospital for several days. In hindsight, it was a real blessing for me to be there that long too because I needed quite a bit of time recovering from having such a big baby. Let's just say... I was sore.

You can see his IV and arm splint here.

Ian looked like a football player for a while as he grew into his body. Can you believe this picture. That crease across his nose still amazes me. Such a chunky kid!

Ian has always been the most agreeing and sweetest kid I've ever known. I still think I'd say the same thing had he not been given to me. He's a fun loving kid with such an infectious laugh.
Ian is a thinker. He's often pondering. So many times he'll come to me with a question that we can tell he's been thinking about for a while. For example....
"Does God have a wife?"
“Do people wear shoes in heaven?”
"Does Israel love God?"Of course, he says less deep stuff most of the time. Like when I told him to apologize to the neighbor girl for what he said to her this was his apology, "I'm sorry I don't like you." Nice, huh?
Or telling his mother, "You aren't the mom I wanted!" I had to turn my head to not laugh in his face when he informed me of such news!
Here's a classic boy quote,
"Do you know why I toot a lot?
It’s because my tummy has a headache."
Ian is our romantic! He brings me flowers regularly and says the sweetest things that other kids just don't notice. "The sunset is beautiful tonight." Comments like that once in a while would be ordinary for most kids, but he says things like this so often and does things that are so sweet. I really love his heart.
One time he picked flowers (from a neighbor's yard) and put them in a cup on MY nightstand while Joseph was on a business trip. *Sigh* He makes my heart glad right now.
We're so blessed he's our son.
No comments:
Post a Comment