Monday, March 24, 2008

Tennessee Trip with Three



We took our three kiddos with us on a mini-vacation to Tennessee last week. It was Spring Break for the boys and a business trip for Joseph.

We stayed in Downtown Nashville for several nights. Of course, the first thing to do when you arrive at a hotel is jump on the bed. Bobby had just gotten a Nurf gun with a laser and found it necessary to bound between the double beds and shoot in mid-air. Such the sniper!




Suz and the kids went to the Whitehead's home one day. I hadn't seen them since 1994! It was like I'd just seen them the prior day and I loved every single minute we were there. Kathy and I had a good visit and the kids played together. They milked cows, fed the animals, ate and did lots of laughing. I didn't get a single picture of Emily, though. She was kind enough to take lots of picture for me, but the photographer is always under represented! Emily, next time I'll be sure to get a picture of you! Thanks for taking such good ones.




The boys (ours: Ian and Bobby) and (theirs: Isaac and Thomas) had a wild time with the Nurf guns. Next time we're bringing four! Or maybe we'll need five? James are you in? Ian and Bobby were set with their ammo bags and kept up a grueling pace while playing with the "big guys".



Gini Lu immediately attached herself to Isaac. She thanks God for Isaac, Thomas and Emily nightly. But, I must admit, she's more thankful for Isaac than her momma, daddy and brothers or even Thomas and Emily. She's already made a special request to, "Go see Isaac tomarno." Isaac let her look VERY closely at his braces and she enjoyed being silly with him. Jessie and Emily, I think she forgot about the lip gloss! Gini Lu spent at least five minutes applying green apple lip gloss to all the girls. She was so intentional about getting it on their lips but it was still a bit messy.

Gini Lu just saw me browsing through these pictures and she announced "Issac!" "Go back Isaac." "Hi Isaac." "No! I wanna see Issac, Gini Woo."



The very next day we went and saw Melissa and Callie Wright. I wasn't very wise to plan such busy days back to back. The kids were tired, grumpy and not at their best when we went to the Wrights. We weren't able to stay very long but it was a great visit! It's amazing how so many years can pass, but having the same Father ties us together for eternity!

Here Callie let's the over exhausted Gini Lu crash. She almost went to sleep there but waited until we were about a mile from their house to fall asleep. They all slept most of the 50 minutes back into Nashville.
I was too busy enjoying my visit with Melissa and Callie to think about taking pictures. I loved hearing all about Stephen's adventures and Nathaniel's babies. Thanks for letting us visit. Can we all really come stay sometime and see Ben too?

Thanks for letting me share about our trip. Thanks friends for letting us come by for a visit on such a short notice!

As we headed out of Nashville we stopped by The Aquarium Restaurant for lunch. It was our one nice meal out. If you ever get the chance to eat or tour this restaurant it's a great treat. The food was good too- it's owned by Landry's. This picture is by one of the boys. They must have taken 50 pictures of the aquariums while we were waiting on our food and finishing up. They loved it. Oh yes. Gini Lu got a burger. That's what you eat at a seafood restaurant, right?

No comments: