Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sans Dad and Gini Lu





Today was a great time with just me and the boys! Special thanks to Adam and Elizabeth for letting Gini Lu stay at their home for 2 1/2 hours today. I learned that it's best to go to a place like this when it looks like it's about to rain buckets and buckets of rain. 

We rode the bumper boats right when we got there. Just five minutes from our car in the parking lot to the cashier to riding in the boats. Bobby was a ruthless kid. I'm sure the tweens were thoroughly annoyed by him, but what can I really say or do? I can say that I'm a terrible videographer, but you likely already knew that about me. 




Mini golf was a blast. We had no rules. At first I was showing them how to hold the putter (everything I know I learned from Tiger Woods for the Wii), taking turns, counting your hits, etc. Then I realized it's no fun when following the rules. So we bowled the golf ball sometimes, kicked the ball other times, and just dropped it into the cup when we felt like it. We "played" 18 holes. They went super fast. 




My only complaint is that kids have to be 58 inches to drive the go carts. (Of course, I wouldn't really want a kid Bobby's size driving, but was sad that Ian was just 2 inches too short.) We could ride tandem (and an adult would have to drive), but I needed another adult to really make that work with both the boys. The boys wanted to give it a whirl in the kiddie carts, but they were SO SLOW.  Here is Ian all crunched into a little "rookie cart". Bobby really liked it though and Gini Lu would have too.



Nothing like a little time away with mom and boys to make for a fun memory. 









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun day!

luke and matt were there this morning for a bday party for our neighbor!

Joe and Martha said...

I love the videos! I loved hearing you laugh as Bobby tried to soak you! Can't wait to see you!

Joanna J. said...

It looks like ya'll had a fun day! We recently took Grace to play Putt-Putt for the first time. We gave up on the "rules" pretty quickly, but she had a blast!