Sunday, September 21, 2008

MOBOT


Sometime I'm really taken back by the nature around me. Today was one of those days.

While Joseph is gone the kids and I try to do some out of the ordinary stuff. Today was the Missouri Botanical Gardens. We'd gone once last summer when we lived downtown, but the boys have been asking often to go there again. So, we are now members and can go anytime. (And we can take up to 10 friends with us to each visit- so let me know if you want to go sometime.) Already planning a trip there with my OK sister Martha for Best of Missouri on October 4th. We'll be there when they open at 7 am. (That's my OKlahoma sister, not my OKay sister.  All my sisters are extraordinary!)

The Niki Exhibit is on display- so that's all the pop art shown. We were there for four hours!! We ate at Sassafras and the food was excellent! Can't wait to have a girl day there with friends and read some of the labels on the plants and browse through the gift shop without telling someone to stop touching or quit running. 

Gini Lu only requested her picture be taken one time- this is the one.... I guess she really liked this Niki lion. 



The rest of the pictures are in this web album-- because I need to do some stuff tonight not involving the computer. Daddy, we hope you enjoy these. We really miss you! I love you. 

2 comments:

Joe and Martha said...

Yeah it is a good thing you clarified that about the OK sister! I was about to tell them about my STL sister. I'm sure I can figure out something that stands for! I look forward to being there with you it look beautiful!

Kelli said...

I want to go with you sometime! We have never been. Can you believe that? I have lived in St. Louis a total of 13 years of my life (that's not including college years and our first years of marriage) and I have never ONCE been to MOBOT. There's no excuse. I'd like to take the kiddos while the weather is still nice.