Saturday, September 6, 2008

n0 bama for my mama


We went to a political rally for McCain/Palin last week with the kids. Gini Lu kept calling it a birthday party. Supported were encouraged to wear red to the event which was just two days after Palin was announced as the running mate. So we did. Our shirts were hugely popular, got lots of positive comments and they were fun to wear. Plus, I've learned how to do iron-on transfers. Our shirts were $2.99 each and the iron-on paper was $1.50. So with taxes it was about $5/shirt. Not too shabby. Plus, we'll wear them on Pctpber 2nd for the VP debates and again when all of us go to vote.  The kids shirts read, "n0 bama for my mama," and mine, "n0 bama for this mama." 

I've always taken the kids with me to stand in line and vote because I had no other choice. Now I could go while the boys are in school, but I want to take them with me because I feel so proud to have the opportunity to cast my vote and want to share this moment with them. Plus, I live in a swing state now! Wooo! Hooo! 

We ate corndogs on the way to the McCain/Palin rally. 


We are very excited about the Republican ticket for many reasons. Here's one reason. And MANY MORE reasons here that I like Sarah Barracuda. There was a huge crowd and we arrived just at the right moment to hear both Senator McCain and Governor Palin speak. No doubt you know that she was a great speaker that evening. 


As supporters began to leave we were able to gradually move to the stage to shake hands with Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Palin, and Mo. Governor Blunt. We didn't shake their hands since we took turns picking up the kids so they could see. But, the kids enjoyed going (I'm totally serious!) and it was an exciting introduction to politics for them! Now when they watch news they connect to what is going on more than they otherwise would. 



Bobby climbed the fence and then the McCain motorcade drove past and he enjoyed being able to see something without help. 


As we walked back to Joseph's truck, Gini Lu said, "Thanks for coming to my birthday party." 

3 comments:

Joe and Martha said...

I love it! You guys are such an example to me as parents!
Gini Lu's hair is so cute. I'm ready for RER to be here what fun.
I will show this blog to Joe that will help motivate him for our 3 day vacation!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! The shirts look great. I wish we would have gone and taken the boys with us. I would so love to be at the debate here in STL...

Joanna J. said...

Wow! That was such a cool experience for your family! It's so great that you are involving your kids so young and teaching them about how our country works. I love the t-shirts, too!