Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays....

Rainy days and Mondays don't always get me down because Mondays are ice skating- at least until next week which is the last lesson for the boys this spring. They've made remarkable progress and are so funny to watch! When the boys started ice skating several weeks ago there were MANY falls and a few tears. They have made enormous improvement and here's proof!

One thing us Texans are learning is that cushy snow bibs and bicycle knee pads make all the difference when taking a fall. Here's Bobby. Notice at the end that he licks his gloves. How gross! All BOY!




Here's another one of Bobby. He has great control considering he's been on the ice once a week for about 2 months. It's his 360. I realize it's not really a 360, but that's what he calls it.



Here's Ian. Please note the gum. Thankfully he didn't choke, but I'm not so good with details like, oh, say, safety. If I can just get them onto the ice with long pants, bibs, bicycle knee pads, gloves, jacket, ice skates and a helmet then we're lucky! I can protect them from the ice, but I can't protect them from their own momma. Here's Ian's 360 spin out.





We recently went to a Cardinals game. Great seats! Of course, when it's torrential rains- you can have pretty much any seat you want! The game was delayed a couple of hours, but we did stay until the 3rd or 4th inning. The kids loved the ponchos and even the rain. It was in the mid-50's after the storm blew through so we were all a bit chilly. The kids loved the game and the memories are priceless. How lame am I? I sound like a MasterCard commercial. But wait, I can be lamer. (Is that correct English? Or would I be "more lame?") Yes. I see the irony here.

No I can do better.....

Four ponchos..... $35
One Minny Mouse poncho left on the floor at home.... $Free
Fifth row tickets.....$Free
Gas to and fro....$3.60/gallon
Nachos....$8.75
5 drinks....$22
Crocs for the entire family....$35
Backpack full of chocolates, gum and peanuts from Target....$6

Memories in the rain and with Fredbird.... PRICELESS!


We had GREAT seats! One of the perks was our own little bar, of sorts, with drinks and snacks. While we were warming up during the 3rd inning Fredbird came strutting through. It was great treat for the kids. Gini Lu immediately ran to him and hugged the strange Fredbird as though they'd been friends for her entire 2 1/2 year life! She worries me a bit! In fact, she's holding on to his jersey for this picture. Was she afraid that he'd walk away while she turned to smile?

The boys had a fun time poking him, pulling his tail feathers and bopping him in the beak. Oh. They don't pay that Fredbird near enough for what he tolerates!


Here are a couple of classic quotes I'd like to share with you...

Mom to Ian:

“Ian you owe her an apology for telling her that you don't like her.”

Ian to a neighbor girl:

“I’m sorry I don’t like you.”


Mom and Gini Lu

“I need to put drops in your eye today, Gini Lu.”

“No, mommy, don’t drop my eye.”


Hope you have a blessed week. If you have a blog please let me know so I can add it to my Google Reader. I'd love to keep up with you and your family!

No comments: