Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Family Fun

This weekend Martha, my sister, and Joe, her hubby, were here.  It's so sweet to be with those we love so much. 

We went to the STL Zoo on Friday. Martha and Joe saw a Zoo while honeymooning so it was reminiscent for them. Of course, having three kids and two other adults really limited the romanticism, but since they are expecting my niece in December it's just giving them a taste of what life will be like soon. 

Here's our kids hanging out in the bamboo. Gini Lu says, "I hear someping!"


What could be more interesting than a peacock, Gini Lu?



I loved the momma and baby elephants because it's new life and having a new life is so exciting. Unfortunately, I (Suzanne) often say things before thinking and I told Martha something along the lines of -- these elephants remind me of you. Note to self-- Never tell a pregnant woman (or any woman) that an elephant IN ANY WAY is like her. Thankfully, my sister truly understands my heart (and mouth) and didn't have hurt feelings. Yes, it was supposed to be a compliment but not so much... I love you sister! 



Notice this picture isn't taken in front of the elephants! Aren't Martha and Joe cute. That's Ruth Ellen right between them. Could she be any cuter?! Some women really pull of pregnancy great and Martha is one of them. 

Thanks for coming guys. We had a great time! Hope the rest of your vacation was a fun one!


The boys went to Wil-Nor (a hunting club) and practiced with the dog a bit on Saturday. Martha, Gini Lu and I went to MOBOT Best of Missouri. We LOVED the time in a garden without the boys. The last hour was spent sitting listing to and watching the head florist with Schnucks (a local grocery store chain) talk about decorating your home for the holidays with fresh and "forever" floral stuff. It was fun! I hope to share those pictures with you once Martha posts them.

Ian was the photographer at Wil-Nor on Saturday so the pictures are pretty limited. 



3 comments:

Joe and Martha said...

We are famous now; we have made it to your blog!!! We had such a great time with you guys it was the highlight of our trip! Elephants and all! I will work on getting pics up soon. But first I should do some unpacking and such.

Joanna J. said...

It looks like ya'll had fun! Martha is too cute pregnant. It's hard to have family so far away, isn't it? It makes me really treasure the times I get to spend with my brothers. I'm glad ya'll had a good visit!

zusjames said...

We do miss our families, but we are thankful for the time as a family of 5. It has given us precious time to concentrate on our children and marriage. When we return to Texas we are so thankful for the quality time with our siblings and parents. I'm sure we will be back in North Texas one day...