Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are bribes wrong?


I hope not! I’m bribing Gini Lu. The sad thing is all I want from her is a little poop… all the time. Gross, you say? Well, not as gross as a three year old who isn’t completely potty trained. (My friend Nicole suggested "gifts" briefly today while we were keeping our two dominate children reigned in! Someone else had suggested this a while back but I didn't do anything about it. I'm desperate and gifts... oops.. I mean, bribing is okay with me!)

So today we went to Wal-Mart and help stimulate the economy and hopefully Gini Lu’s ah-ehm.

We’ve tried M & Ms. Praising her with each success. Sad looks when she doesn’t use the potty. Everything. Emotional scarring? Yes. I am emotionally scarred! I’m tired of changing diapers, but more than that- she can’t attend preschool or mom’s-day-out type programs until she is completely potty trained.

So… Can you help Gini Lu? Please pray that she gets this figured out soon. Like this week! We are traveling soon and need to have this done. I’m not going to talk about it, just hoping the presents we’ve wrapped individually are motivation enough. Plus, I’ve paid for her preschool program for the month of June already. It’s just a couple days a week, but IT’S A COUPLE OF DAYS A WEEK!

Here’s the plan: We’re starting with small gifts first (wrapped in pink and finished off with a bow on each!). She chose everything today.

The grand line up is…..
Pink nail polish
Pink lip gloss on a key chain (Dear God, Please don’t let the reason she got lip gloss on a key chain be because she’s going to be driving before she’s out of diapers.)
Purple hair accessory that’s overly embellished
A DVD cartoon
8 tubs of Play-Doh
A Barbie Ballerina Dress

We are starting this right now. Seriously, we really need prayer here. For our patience as well as Gini Lu getting this figured out!

** Update.... it's been 20 minutes since we wrapped the gifts.... she's already had an accident. Suggestions? Patience? Yea. I know. Other ideas? :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bribes=good. That's what I say!

It looks like she picked out some great stuff! I LOL at the keychain comment. It will happen. We'll be praying that it's soon.

Kelli said...

Let me know if that works. Tia pooped in her underwear at Chick-Fil-A today. So, so gross. I tossed them in the garbage because, seriously, am I really going to wash them out in the sink at Chick-Fil-A. Not so much!